One World Trade Center
Providing solutions for technical and logistical challenges
The Durst Organization, developer and property manager of 1 World Trade Center, asked The Fulcrum Group to provide ongoing technical support for the opening and initial tenant occupancy of this iconic facility. Since the fall of 2014, Fulcrum has been providing support to the Durst operations team as they neared completion of the building’s construction and tenant fit-out activities.
Fulcrum’s initial focus has:
- Bolstered the operations staff and opened critical lines of communication that helped to align the activities of the operators with the vision, goals, and requirements of the ownership and management executives.
- Delivered technical insights that unveiled unique complexities in the critical mechanical and electrical systems.Helped prioritize work-flow by identifying critical paths for the design, construction and operations teams as they approached turnover and occupancy.
- Contributed to the development and implementation of solutions to overcome the technical and logistical challenges presented by these complex mechanical systems.
Fulcrum will continue supporting the Durst operations team as they provide world-class service to 1 World Trade Center’s tenants.
- Established Interim Operating Protocols to Transition from Construction to Operations
- Identified/Prioritized System Deficiencies Critical for Tenant Occupancy
- Provided Guidance to Support Controls Systems Closeout
- Coordinated Shakedown of Emergency Power Systems
- Advocated for Operations Team to Ensure Successful Completion of Building Systems Prior to Turnover
- Established Contractor Expectations/Protocols for Working in Occupied Areas
- Assisted Operations team in Developing Preventative Maintenance Procedures